Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kanna Curry House (Malaysia)

Kanna Curry House is a well known Indian Banana Leaf Rice restaurant that has about 6 or 7 branches in Klang Valley. The challenge of most chain restaurants is their ability to maintain the consistency of food served. Kanna has done an excellent job in maintaining the quality of the food throughout most if not all the branches. I have tried 3 different branches and they are all pretty good.

Hence, Kanna is one of the restaurants that I frequented the most. I was there for lunch yesterday and today. If you ask if I can eat that everyday? The answer is probably yes! Sometimes I wonder if I have Indian blood in me. Where else can you find a meal full of flavors, nutritious (if you do not overdose on meat and free flow curry) and reasonably priced?

For the benefit of non Malaysians, Indian banana leave rice works something like buffet. Other than meat dishes, the rice, curry sauce, vegetables, condiments can be refilled unlimited. The base meal (without meat) costs around RM5 and each meat dish costs from RM5-7. So for RM10, you can have a pretty decent and satisfying meal.

Food = 8.0 out of 10

Cleanliness = 7.0 out of 10
Price = 8.0 out of 10

Address: Jalan 17/45 Petaling Jaya
GPS Coordinates: 3.119.819, 101.629.887

Great variety of side dishes.
Condiment.
More condiments.
Meal before the curry is poured in.
I like it flooded with curry.

2 comments: