Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cilantro (KL)

When I was back to Malaysia for good. I decided to treat myself a good meal for the homecoming and the sacrifice of my 2.4 years stint in Macau. Well, it is a convenient excuse to spoil myself for another good meal without feeling guilty cause it was really a valid reason.  :)

I was researching online for a good restaurant and come across the "Mieleguide" (since I believe there is no Michelin rating restaurants in Malaysia). Out of the top 20, the highest ranking restaurant in Malaysia is "Cilantro". Cilantro is ranked a reputable 8 out of the top 20 restaurant in Asia.  

We chose the "Chef Degustation" dinner. I think I have missed out the picture of the soup and scallop which we had impatiently consumed. Overall, it was an enjoyable meal. Definitely one of the better fine dining choices in KL even though I think it is quite pricy for almost RM400 per person. There was no cockage  fee for the 2 bottles of wines that we brought though.  

Food = 8.5 out of 10
Ambience = 7 out of 10 (some rowdy drunk golfers were having some gathering downstairs)
Cleanliness = 8.5 out of 10
Price = 6.5 out of 10 (you can afford some Michelin 2 or 3 star rated restaurants elsewhere to blow your palate away with flawless service for the same price)

Cod fish, lobster tail with mushroom. Ingredients are super fresh so you do not need a lot of flavor in this.
Smoked duck breast. Fragrant smoky flavor.
Melts in your mouth medium rear wagyu beef. Nicely done.
Zesty lime and lemon sherbet with mint.
Vanilla icecream with cherries.

 

Opening Hours

Lunch - Fridays only (12.00pm-2.00pm)
Dinner - Monday-Saturday (6.00pm-10.30pm)
Closed on Sundays


Dress code = smart casual.

Address & Contact

Cilantro Restaurant & Wine Bar,
MiCasa All Suite Hotel,
368-B, Jalan Tun Razak,
50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +603 2179 8082
Fax: +603 2164 3730
Email: cilantrosvr@micasahotel.com

GPS coordinates (N03° 9.416' E101° 43.351')


2 comments:

  1. I really like your info on GPS coordinates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. I learn through the process of blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete